10.03.2006

warning- self pity below

we had another practice friday night for our graduation. my group of co-candidates gave me a great get well soon card. so cool of them. big apologies from the 16 yr old arm breaker.

our demos are coming along nicely-although its hard w/o my rt arm. the 3 adults moving to 1st dan are doing chinto as a group for one of the demos. for any of you who know this kata-try it w/your rt arm immobilized. NOT PRETTY.

not much else to say- i'm kind of still feeling sorry for myself, but i go to class and sit and watch and see my friends and thats good. i couldnt even get around in february when my foot got crushed and its a lot less painful too. so i guess i'm a luck girl...NOT. i have a black cast from my wrist to my shoulder-(black to match my soon to be black belt and the cloud over my head:) in 2 weeks i get this one off, some more x rays done , and hopefully they will only have to put on a short/forearm cast. and then 5 days after that is the "black belt spectacular". it is held at a local high school in the gym. i just can't wait till its done and the pressure is off.

8 comments:

[Mat] said...

Get well.

:)

Miss Chris said...

It's okay to sit and watch class with a heavy heart. I do it all the time... I hope you are doing okay though because I know how hard it is to have a cast on and still function in day to day life. I learned to write pretty good left handed though! Stay tough :)

Potatoe Fist said...

Best of luck to you. Just taking showers with a cast made me depressed and angry. Stupid trash bags...

frotoe said...

potatoe fist-YES!!! i hate the trashbag !! and i had to trashbag my foot in the winter for 13 weeks! its MADDENING.


thanks to you all for the sympathy. :)

Miss Chris said...

Argh! The trashbag! That sucked!

supergroup7 said...

I'm sorry to hear about the limitations that your cast causes for you.

Is it possible for you to do the stance movements of the various kata/ basics? or will that aggravate your injury?

Kimberly said...

You sure you know what you are doing?? Hee heee too many broken items on your body honey!! Are you trying to be a punching bag?

(I hope you sense my sarcasm here - you rock!!)

sheila said...

Love you! I'll see you tomorrow.