9.22.2008

It feels really good to be back in karate. And by “really good” I mean very sore and bruised, but happy. I went to Monday and Wednesday class last week, both are taught by Kyoshi. Luckily for me, Kyoshi was not there on Monday, which meant he didn’t have to go thru the torture of watching me screw up royally. Sensei D and Renshi S taught class that night so it was a bit less bad-ass than it usually is. Doing some of the bunkai was down right embarrassing, though. It was good to see my karate friends. Wednesday’s class was better. We did a ton of kata and the only ones I really messed up on were Kihon Ichidan, Nidan, and Sandan. The first 3 kata we learn. The most basic of the basics and was totally off. Oh well, what are you gonna do. I wasn't practicing those at home the past 6 months. We also did a bunch of arm conditioning. That always feels good :( Anyway, my goal is to go every Monday and Wednesday night for regular class and Saturday for weapons. I think we have sparring this week. oh boy..

5 comments:

Meg said...

I'm so glad you went back to class! Don't be too hard on yourself about not being able to perform at the level you think you should perform at...you went to class and you will remember, as Master G just told me last week. It may take a minute or two, but you'll remember and do it better than before! :)

Lizzie Woolley said...

I love sparring!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll go to cardio on Sat. morning if you will....

Potatoe Fist said...

Glad to see that you're back! I hope the time off was filled with healing because it sounds like you are getting bruising now.

Blackbeltmama said...

I can definitely relate to sore and bruised. ;-)