7.06.2006

Back to regular classes tonite. the dojo has been closed for the holiday weekend. Sparring is on the schedule. I'm not sure if i will participate or not. I'm still nervous about my foot. I'm feeling as though i need to get back to where i was with power kicks before I should attempt sparring another student. I don't know. Backround- in february I was in a home improvement accident where a 600 pound radiator fell on my feet. I was out of the game for 13 very long weeks. My left foot was only severly bruised, but my right foot was not so lucky. I broke 3 bones, had an awful wound on the top and crushed the tip of my middle toe. After a valient effort by my doctor and nurses at the Wound Care center, it was determined that the toe would not recover. So I had half my toe amputated. I'll post a picture sometime when i can figure out how to do that. So that is why I'm nervous about the foot. Granted, i will have sparring gear on, but you never know what will happen. I'll think about it.

4 comments:

Mathieu said...

Hey there.
Thanks for dropping by.

As for injuries, I had a broken rib in April. Now, I was a fool and sparred nonetheless. My rib still complains as of now. It's been... 3 months now.

In june, I refused to spar. As my fellow student see the big wide opening I leave there. :)

Take your time, heal well. As well as you can, considering what you wrote.

Perseverance,

Mathieu

Dr. Augustus Dayafter said...

Have you kicked anything to see if your foot can stand the shock yet? I like the blog by the way. I'm going to add you to my links and to my martial arts lens!

OSU!
Oniyagi

frotoe said...

Oni-thanks! I have started to kick pads, I have to keep it light with the roundhouse and front kicks, but its not too bad. The one that really hurt was a slingshot kick. ouch. I think I'll avoid those for a while.

Mir said...

Wow... that's quite an accident! 3 broken bones in your foot! I don't blame you for being nervous about it. How does your foot handle regular walking/running?